Tuesday, May 05, 2009












This has been an epic day of nothing. My first day off and I had already made an appointment with my neighbor/GM sales manager to see the new 2010 camaro. Nothing dampened my anxiety about the event of seeing something so long in the making only hoping that this new super efficient v-6 and the upcoming volt could save the general from bankruptcy, like the K car did for Chrysler in the 80's (only with some form of respect and credit I hope) I was extremely impressed with the fit and finish of the vehicle and my online education of the new direct injection, variable valve timing with coil on plug ignition super efficient and powerful v-6 is truly a masterpiece for the masses. The only thing holding the car down is ironically it's gravitational pull and steep sticker. As for the latter the RS is packed with creature comforts and features that will keep the ipod generation fumbling over the same simple keys on the dash to do a variety of neat features that is evident in my minutes of mastering the radio that does enough that the idea of going from the bolstered seat in the cockpit to the couch seems like a step down given the 4 household devices on the coffee table that take up residence in the smoothed out dash. It felt well thought out and before my brother could even figure out what I was doing I was syncing my blue tooth phone into the on board stereo to make a long distance brag call from the interior of the subdued blue lit leather lined and strong, but soft covered den of men. I hope they sell a million of them, it really is a great car. The Volt will I hope be an even better interpretation of what we need vs. what we want. The RS is the least of a compromise, because it's everything you want and something you need. Of course the same thing that stopped you from buying that last sweet deal on a first gen still exists, but financing on new vehicles vs. older ones is always easier for some reason. I have no idea why the snap of me and a beautiful '56 corvette roadster turned out so good. Standing next to something so nice its nice to look nice, at 53 years old, I would still do the corvette. They also had a 52 corvette at Munday Chevrolet, I am not a Corvette fan really, but I can appreciate greatness when I see it. Go check out this car for yourself, I double dog dare you to find anything that strums the soul quite like this. The last pick is of the air slowly deflating out of me and Mcbro, both having had a long day doing nothing.



No comments: