Thursday, February 16, 2006

My letter to a friend in jail came back today because the pictures are too big. The limit is 4"x6" and I sent whole copies of magazine pages from the last Motorcyclist Magazine documenting the dangerous and incredibly amazing story of road tripping on motorcycle in communist China to the first MotoGP race held in a communist country. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to check what the rules are before sending mail to an inmate, but I find it odd that such a rule exists. We belong to a world that has grown so taught with law that justice was lost somewhere. We have traded common sense in for a cheap lawsuit. Vote for me, I would like to be your next evil dictator. I couldn't do any worse.
In rural parts of the Utah and Colorado, state officials were having a hard time keeping the Colorado River to flow correctly. Controling mother nature comes at a cost as the loose sandy soil of the river bank began to errode quicker than they could keep the river contained. The solution was to plant a bush, originally found in England. It's tightly bound roots took hold quickly and grew tight to the water front. Within years it grew on both sides of the river bank. Now that the water was perfectly contained it flowed directly to the point where it ran dry while watering the plants that sustained the banks.
Simple moral people. This isn't a Disney film so I won't illiterate.

No comments: