Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In a very odd moment I was patroling the third floor of the corprate building I do security work in and literally stopped to smell the roses on someones desk. Just as I pulled my nose from the boquet I could a quizical glance from a woman at her desk two cubes away that. I didn't know anyone was on the floor and felt like I had to explain myself. She just smiled and nodded, I felt a mutual feeling and quitely exited the third floor. It's those little things, those small moments that link our lifes together. I took the long way home the other day from work. I was stuck on the 202 in construction traffic for like 20 ft. before I realized I was on a freedom machine. I exited to mcdowell and rode in light street traffic for 6 miles before hitting Country Club. This is truely where my departure began. I could have taken a right and hit the 202 again, with out the construction traffic and been home in 10 minutes of smooth straight highway traffic. I went left. 120 miles later I arrived at home, I had tackled some of the meanest motorcycle road ever made, a very twisty turny high and low road that seemed to talk to me through the grips. As an added benifit, I needed to use the restroom . I have no problem going on the side of the road except there wasn't one. Just rocks and dropoffs with no room to park a 2ft motorcycle. I took the first T and hung left to Seguaro Lake, they have more than restrooms brother. I walked the shoreline and stood on the floating fishing dock listening to the water lap the boards while I watched cranes skim the surface. For a moment my mind blinked back to all the people in the construction traffic and how I wanted to bring them all here to feel this connected. It isn't really about the motorcycle, it's about letting go to find some meaning. I dream of taking a fuel injected trip up the twisties east of fairview for a soul injection of peace and tranquility, until then I have Canyon Diablo and a hundred other destinations bounced off the map I plan paying no real attention to, because it's not always where your going. Its where YOU are, not where are you.
You lived in Las Vegas long enough to take an extra pull off the tap in spring city and know how great life is. I miss it as much as I never want to go back. Because I have been there and this is one big ball of dirt . I don't want to miss anything. -Evan -

No comments: