Wednesday, June 24, 2009











On June 20th I went to Houston Motorsports Park. I must, I enjoy going it alone on things I alone enjoy, but this is one event that left me wanting to bring the whole family and the cooler. I have been to many strips in the past and have many left to travel, but this is high school foot ball team type of event with a regular dose of stupid fast cars. They say things are bigger in texas and I guess my inner teen came out in atleast it's most ignorant form, when I drove down here expecting a large cattle ranch, but Houston is a city, like any other city and a large portion of people are just people, but the people who race are really the people they were talking about. I was expecting a regular Saturday night and it was for the most part, minus the mindless speed. Some cars were clearing 160's in the 1/8th mile and everything else was just stupid fast. Track prep was thourogh and at every event they had plenty of hands out helping, which made for more than spare time leaving the rest of the evening something of an NHRA meets NASCAR run to finish the heats and mains before the lights go out. I walked freely in the pits finding everyone very nice and friendly, also a positive note a very diverse crowd. I have always believed that any indiffrence is just a choice without some catylyst. Cars for me have always proved to be the solution. I may not have anything in common with many people, but as soon as we start talking about anything automotive I can atleast try to listen. I don't have a hearing problem, just a listening one. I would like to thank the owners for allowing me to swing out and to my McC for the autostitch idea. I shot all pics off of the el cheapo point and shoot using basic settings and I am happy with the end product. for those looking for quality shots of the evening I saw a gentleman handling a sweet 90D with the words nitroart.com on the back. Please use common sense and deductive reason as carefully as possible to navigate to it rather than suduko or those other sites...yes I'm eighteen... and I have been since I was sixteen, just like everyone else. And for those in the know, nitroart.com is the site I thought I had to be 18 to look at. oohhhhhhh.

No comments: