Friday, May 07, 2010

I posted these a little close and the chronopictograph is incorrect. It was an awesome and somewhat epic trip for me. It was so awesome to see family again the trip itself paled, but was still very enjoyable. Somewhere west of Las Cruces I blew a fuse and should have put a relay on the driving lamps like Fred said, I hard wired them for 16 bucks after a failed relay repair $21 bucks didn't do the trick, the bmw sips fuel and the tires are cheaper than the last two bikes I have ridden. The ABS is working a little more intermittently, I believe a new battery may just help it out a bit. I helped a stranded motorcyclist get some fuel and he tipped me more than I paid for food all the way back. There is something surreal about chasing that mirror of a mirage in the distance for hours, the camera was just what I needed to focus on the details and actually made for a safer trip as I was always looking for something to take a picture of. The kick stand finally gave way just outside of Tucson while I was looking for a bush. Just as it kissed the ground and started to give I caught the bike in its momentum and caught it, but the kickstand had been failing for a while and I happened to be the guy who severely overloaded it one too many times, the center stand works flawlessly. The vids with the bike riding should be watched with the sound down as the condenser mic does not like wind too much. Looking for more rides and time in the future, but for now a little love would do the beemer justice for ticking like a swiss watch through the dirty south and into the dusty west. Love you and thank you all. Especially Fred and Linda, Thank you for your hospitality, love and time.

No comments: