Monday, July 21, 2008




I had a blast in Utah. This year the camp was up Fairview canyon. We literally picked up the bike from the shop and drove straight to Sanpete. 11 hours in the saddle with stops for fuel. We averaged about 33 mpg, but we were going a little faster than cruising. DJ was cooking the whole time and Brandy put me up when we got into town and again up on the mountain. Mary and Joe came down for a night and I even got to see Dale and Mary for a little while. It was awsome. I got to actually spend some time with DJ when I went to his house before heading out and Roger came over. Brandi and Dallon, Jayci and DJ's girlfriend Debbie made a nice lunch. Stephanie and I traded the harley for a few hours for the mini van and drove up to Maple canyon. Flip flops made it about 100 yards into Box canyon before heading back. I gave mom a ride down skyline drive on the bike and had a Bishop malt at Rogers in Mt. Pleasant. Seeing the family was great, even if all we did was sit around the fire and bs. Thanks for everything DJ, Paula and Robert, Ron and Brandy, MOM, Eva and Roger and everyone else. It was great to see you all, if I do it next year, I'm taking a week off to drive up in two legs or bringing a car so I can sleep half way. oh and I found my eye glasses, but if you find my blue hat... I and my bald spots miss it.

No comments: